Don’t be too hard on yourself. There are plenty of people out there willing to do that for you! That’s one of the many reasons it’s so important to not just love yourself.. but don’t forget to surround yourself with people who support and love you as well. Negative, harsh, mean, cruel people don’t deserve a spot in your life! Hold yourself to higher standards!
Love yourself and be proud of everything that you do. Even mistakes mean you’re trying! Work hard & keep smiling <3 - Muffin Topless (Me in the picha too) =)
With summer around the corner, it’s a good time to revisit those New Years Resolutions! Some people fall off the wagon or lose motivation and wind up having to start all over again in their weight loss goals. Here are a few things I have found work for ME to get me motivated when I am not feeling like prepping my meals, or working out!
- Write down your goals - from the daily small ones like “drink a gallon of water a day” to the big ones “compete in a bikini competition”
- Start a journal - log your food intake, workouts and how you felt that day in a new notepad! It feels fresh and helps keep me organized!
- Print new workouts and recipes - sometimes having NEW activities and meals can make the task feel less mundane or chore-like!
- Make a motivation board - write down your favorite quotes, print or tear-out pictures of your goal physique… I personally hung my new bikini up in front of my treadmill, next to a picture of a fitness model whom I admire… it makes me want to do that extra mile!
- Have patience and stay positive - it’s not gonna happen overnight. Try your best! Realize that you WILL stumble, you MIGHT mess up… do NOT GIVE UP!
I need to refocus on my eating…
You all know how much I LOVE sushi by now haha. I thought I’d remind you all of the ways to make your sushi night out, healthier!
- Skip the white rice - opt for brown. It’s a complex carb that won’t spike insulin the way white rice does. (Keeping insulin levels steady is key in fat loss).
- Go sauceless - the sauces they tend to put on rolls are full of sugar, sodium and empty calories.. avoid!
- Go naked! - instead of a roll, try JUST the raw fish (sashimi).. it’s so good for you! Especially fish rich in omega-3’s like salmon!
- Just say no to tempura - avoid fried rolls and anything with “crunchy” in the name.. choose the fresh options instead.
- Water or tea please - don’t drink soda, lemonade, or juice.. full of sugar and unnecessary calories!
- NO SAKE BOMBS - alcohol slows your metabolism, breaks down muscle tissue, and promotes abdominal fat storage (lovely eh?).
I love sushi and have it at least once a week. There’s no reason to avoid going out to restaurants entirely in your fitness and health related goals.. so long as you make healthy swaps, you’ll be fine with the occasional treat! =)
Yum yum yum
My fitness buddy, Jack, encouraged me to take a photo of where I am at in my weight loss and fitness goals. I have never taken a before photo but it seems like a good idea since I am really trying to push myself in my weight lifting. And even though I like that better than cardio, I still need to bump up the cardio too! Let’s give it till the beginning of July and I’ll take new photos to see if there are any improvements :) good luck to me!